Let's start with the food:
Marci’s BRUNCH CASSEROLE
24 oz. cubed frozen potatoes
(O’Brien style is best)
½ c. butter
1 ½ c. cheddar cheese
1 ½ c. Monterey jack, Colby
jack, or Pepper jack cheese
1 ½ c, diced ham or sausage
(I used maple flavored sausage links)- cooked
5 eggs
¾ c. evaporated milk
½ seasoning salt
Spray 9 by 12 baking pan. Put frozen potatoes in bottom of pan and
drizzle melted butter over top. Bake for
20 minutes at 425 degrees. Take pan out
of oven and alternate layers of meat and cheese over potatoes then pour egg and
milk mixture over everything. Bake for
30 minutes at 350 degrees.
PECAN ROLLS
1 package yeast or 1 T
½ c. warm water
½ c. sugar
½ c. butter
1 c. milk
I egg
1 tsp. salt
4 cups flour
Add yeast or water and
sprinkle water over top. Let yeast
dissolve and start to bubble. Melt
butter in milk so heated through. Add
everything to yeast starter and start mixing.
Add additional flour until a soft dough, not too stiff. Knead about 8 minutes. Roll out and cover with melted butter, brown
sugar, and cinnamon. Roll up and cut
into about 15 rolls. Let rise until at
least double then bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Caramel Frosting
2/3 c. brown sugar
1 T light corn syrup
¼ c. butter
½ c. chopped pecans
I made the frosting while the
rolls were kneading and smoothed it out on the bottom of the baking pam and
placed the rolls on top. After the rolls
were cooked, I let them cool about 5 minutes then turned the pan upside down so
that the caramel mixture was now on top.
Diane...Everything was so good and we should have taken pictures of the food and the beautiful Christmas plates, yum!
Here we are; brought together by our love of sewing and trying to keep our lives together through all the ups and downs. The conversations as we stitch about things of importance, kids, grand kids, husbands, politics, health, church, church callings and whatever topic of the day have brought us together with true friendship. Love you all!!
Thanks Janet for the Christmas Tree Skirt pattern...
| Cool back also! |
| Pam found this special fabric for autistic children and made this for her grandson. It will be well loved! |
| and the back! |
| Just a teaser; we will have a better picture when this is quilted. This is Pam's farmers daughter quilt and you could stare at it for days. This is the cutest ever!! |
| One more from Pam, I know you are thinking only one? I can't remember the story behind this quilt but whoever gets it will be very lucky. It is really something! |
What a wonderful time! Thanks for all the wonderful recipes and the extra gifts from Diane, Carol and Julie...WOW! I am blessed. Love and Merry Christmas to all.
ReplyDeleteI forgot to say...love,Gretchen.
ReplyDeleteMark is out golfing....I don't know why his name is coming up! I'm clueless...
Delete