Monday, May 15, 2017

May in the Pines!

We have the very best gig ever!  Carol is an outstanding hostess with amazing accommodations and we look forward to going to her cabin every time!!

We will start with show and tell; but our food for the week needs a blog post of it's own!  Hopefully I will get to that; if Carol shares her recipes and Marianne sends me her food photos.

Starting with Marianne who wins the quilting bee with three quilts; oops maybe she doesn't beat Kathy for most produced in one retreat.

I believe this is the last of the "Friendship Quilts".  Looks like we saved the best for last.  This is Freaking Amazing!!

Mariannes first quilt she ever made (1980-something); all denim and recently quilted (2017-something)!

Oh deer; an amazing baby quilt.

These squares are itty bitty; I guess you can see that.  Just the cutest ever!

Too lazy to turn this pic the right way; but hopefully you can read the name of Julie's Itty bitty quilt.

Yours truly tackles an easy 9 patch made from Kaffe Fassett prints.  What should I call it?  

Another tshirt quilt; aren't we getting tired of these? Oh well, they pay the bills
 and it makes me feel good that you like seeing them.  

Oh my gosh; we didn't tire of looking at this cute farm quilt.  There are so many fun things to check out...hope your browser lets you zoom in.  Nice....Diane!

So sad we won't get to see this quilted.  Don't you love the colors?  This is a wedding quilt for Sarah and she is getting married in a few weeks.  This is the Metro Ring pattern and Diane picked out the most beautiful colors and did such a great job of piecing it.  Just love it!

I couldn't figure out which picture to post; cute Diane or the whole quilt.  So I did both; just didn't get to do it very big.  This is a quilt of valor which Diane has a vet already picked out to receive it.  Her grandkids will write thank you notes to him and I just love this idea!  I hope it's not to small to see the great job she did putting this together.

Kathy's accomplishments for the day and a half she was there.  Whew!
By the way....somebody send me pictures of the rest of the dresses that were sewn this week.

Kathy Baby Quilt no 1.  This is made with a chenille which is fraying up so nicely on the dandelion.  Below is the baby quilt no. 2 which is also fraying but in a different way.  Note to group:  Invite Kathy to your baby showers!



There may have been a better pic of all of us; but I like this one where I am getting up and down for the 10th time while I set the self timer.  Did I burn off even 1/100th of the calories I consumed?

1 comment: