Saturday, August 19, 2017

August is for Snowflakes

First time we visited Marion's lovely home in Snowflake.  The town is charming and honestly most of us have some ancestral tie to the place.  It was so fun to see Marion in her element and see the home she and Willie have restored.  Do I have pictures of it?  No.  Someone please send me pics of their home!!

Merry Christmas to the Greer Kids!!  What an accomplishment Candace; a whole blog should be devoted just to this quilt.
Four of them!!  You are a terrific quilter and the perseverance to complete these quilts is something to be admired!!
I just love this picture so much; with you and all FOUR quilts!

Cute houses!!  I think I am suppose to wait and post this after it is quilted.  I may be wrong but is Carol
saying, "No don't take a picture of it yet".  Oh well, I can't just discard it.  These are so fun and different, every one!

Carol, this is perfect in every way!!  

Here we are; missing so many of our quilters but we had a blast together!!

Janet's River Log Cabin.  The unfurling of this quilt was amazing and so, so, sew, beautiful!!
Here it is all laid out.  I just love these colors so much!!  Janet quilted this by machine and it turned
out perfect.  Envy!!



Jill's paper pieced airplane baby quilt!!

The "Yellow Cruiser"  has been folded up and not quilted for about 3 years; I just didn't know what to do with all that empty space.  So finally I had Amity quilt it and I added a few more
3d flowers into the basket and DONE!  Just like that; I finally love it!


With love to Jared and Brooke and their Wedding Day!!

Carol's Red Enchilada Sauce


1/2 lb. New Mexico Chili Pods. ( Buy in Large 1 lb bag in Mexican section of Grocery store)
8 cups water
6 whole Garlic cloves
3 T. Knorr Chicken Bouillon
3 T. Whole Oregano crushed
1 T Beef Bouillon
1 T Turmeric
1 t cinnamon
1  28oz can Las Palmas Enchilada sauce opt.
1 dark chocolate bar

1 cube butter
2 T veg. oil

Remove stems and seeds and rinse chili pods. Use gloves if necessary. Place water and pods in a large pan and heat to boiling, reduce heat and allow to simmer until pods are soft and pulpy, approximately 20 to 30 minutes. Remove pods and place in a blender setting aside remaining cooking liquid. Add seasonings and garlic and chocolate bar. Run through blender until a smooty, paste-like consistency is obtained. In a large skillet I use my large dutch oven. Heat 2 T. oil and 1 cube butter add the flour and brown lightly.Remove from heat and add chili to rue (flour mixture)
Continuing to stir with whisk. Add opt. sauce. Return to heat, stir enough of the cooking liquid to produce a gravy-like texture. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes Yield 8- 10 cups. Freeze in containers for use later. There is a recipe that is simplified on the bag of pods if in a hurry. Add cream if sauce is too hot. Enjoy


Soften corn tortillas by frying in oil or coconut oil. Add diced onion and cheese inside dipped tortillas for cheese enchiladas. Sprinkle with cheese and place in baking dish coated with Pam with 3/4 inch sauce in bottom

2 comments:

  1. You did it again, Jill! Beautiful blog. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love seeing all the beautiful quilts... I almost got emotional seeing them all. Thanks so very much for putting this blog together. You were all so amazing. Candace what an a accomplishment. Woot woot to everyone.

    ReplyDelete